SSC CHSL 2016 Exam Syllabus -SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus 2016-2017
SSC CHSL 2016 Exam Syllabus
SSC CHSL 2016 Exam Syllabus
- It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type.
- The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations,
- Symbolic/Number Analogy,
- Figural Analogy,
- Space Orientation
- Semantic Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Figural Classification
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Series
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Word Building
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and decoding,
- Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms,
- Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage.
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.,
- Statistical Charts : Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart
- Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
Skill Test For DEO
In the DEO skill test, you are given printed passage in English containing 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions which you have to enter in the computer within 15 minutes. You are judged based on how many correct entries of the key depressions you made.
This test is of qualifying nature only. You just have to reach the threshold level of 8,000 Key Depressions per hour i.e. in 15 minutes, you have to make 2,000 correct key depressions.
Typing Test For LDC
You can take the test either in Hindi or in English. You are given a text passage, which you have to enter correctly in 10 minutes. The speed is judged based on how many words you could correctly type on the computer.
This test is qualifying nature only. You just have to reach the threshold level of 35 words per minute for English (10500 key depressions/hour) or 30 words per minute for Hindi (9000 key depressions/hour).