Swachh Survekshan 2018 -swachh survekshan 2018 rankings – SS 2018 List
Swachh Survekshan 2018 -swachh survekshan 2018 rankings – SS 2018 List – hello friends Welcome to studydhaba.com . here we are sharing Swachh Survekshan 2018 Ranking List Which was released by government of India .
Introduction About SS 2018
Swachh Survekshan 2018 is a survey aimed at assessing all the municipal cities in the country for their progress on the government’s flagship Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The survey is conducted by the Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs
- One city is eligible only for one award.
- Population category is as per the census 2011.
- The survey covers all the cities of India, a total of 4,203, covering a population of 40 crores.
Objective of the survey:
- The objective of the survey is to encourage large scale citizen participation and create awareness amongst all sections of society about the importance of working together towards making towns and cities a better place to live in.
- Additionally, the survey also intends to foster a spirit of healthy competition among towns and cities to improve their service delivery to citizens, towards creating cleaner cities.
- Indore has been named India’s cleanest city under Swachh Survekshan 2018, for the second consecutive year, followed by Bhopal and Chandigarh.
- Jharkhand has been adjudged as the ‘Best Performing State’ in the survey followed by Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh.
- The list of cities also did not mention cities from states like Bihar, Tamil Nadu and Odisha.
Among other highlights of the Swachh Survekshan 2018:
- Fastest moving big city: Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh (or improving its Rank to 36 from Rank 351 in 2017.)
- Cleanest State Capital : Greater Mumbai
- Best city in Innovation and Best Practices: Nagpur
- Best city in Solid Waste Management: Navi Mumbai
- Cleanest Big City: Vijayawada
- Cleanest medium-sized city: Mysuru
- Cleanest small city: New Delhi municipal council
- Best city in citizens FB: Kota (Rajasthan)
India’s Cleanest Cities Zone-Wise :
- Northern Zone: Bhalso in Punjab
- Eastern Zone: Bundu in Jharkhand
- North-Easten Zone: Kakching in Manipur
- Southern Zone: Siddipet in Telangana
- Western Zone: Panchgani in Maharashtra