The Hindu Note Making Vikram Grewal -UPSC Topper 2018 Rank 51 – Hello friends welcome to studdhaba.com . Here We are sharing Note Making Strategy For UPSC Prelims and Mains From The Hindu Newspaper.
Dear Friend, newspapers are beautiful things. They can be used to cover slabs, cupboards, book shelves and what not. They are instrumental in packaging and cleaning. They can act as book covers. They can be used in ‘best out of waste’ and origami competitions.
They can also be read to gain knowledge or simply to act busy and pass the time.
Some people also use them to clear UPSC exams. *
*If you are interested in this, keep in mind the following basic things.
- Read ‘The Hindu’ newspaper daily, for sure.
- Don’t cut out articles for future reference. We know you’ll never read them.
- Don’t waste paper. Maintain a small notepad for note-making, not a huge register or diary.
- Only write the keywords- not useless stories.
- Don’t write down ultra-dynamic things (that are bound to change before the exam).
- Write only static facts that make sense. For eg. policy decisions, schemes, events, agencies, govt. bodies, India’s ranking in indices etc.
- Think like an Examiner while reading and ask yourself ‘Can an MCQ on this be made?’
- If ‘yes’, then write it. If ‘no’, then don’t.
- NEVER read Poltical Statements or controversies or opinions that are bound to change.
- Don’t read sports news, if an enthusiast- don’t go beyond headlines.
- DON’T try to solve Cryptic Crossword until retirement.
- READ cartoons and comics. Smile more often.