Top 10 Best Intelligence Agencies in the World
Top 10 Best Intelligence Agencies in the World
To Download This File Click On The Download- Download Now
10. ASIS, Australia-
- ASIS stands for Australia’s Secret Intelligence Service which was recognized in year 1952 by the executive power of the Commonwealth.
- The headquarters of this agency are located in Canberra.
- It’s aim is to ‘Protect and promote Australia’s vital interests through the provision of unique foreign intelligence services as directed by Government’.
- It also gathers secret information, examine activities of other opponent nations and take necessary actions for the safety and security of the country and its people.
- The agency has wide hold on intelligence all over the world.
- The organisation was transformed into a statuary body which is now supervised by a Director General.
9. ISI Pakistan-
- ISI i.e. Inter-Services Intelligence is the intelligence agency of Pakistan found in 1948 in order to protect the nation from external and internal threats.
- It is ranked as the best and most strongest intelligence agency in the world by American Crime News.
- The agency gained its position after providing vital information during Afghan and Kargil wars.
- It is headquartered in Shahrah-e-Soharwardi in Islamabad.
- It also advises the military to safeguard the interests of the citizens of the country.
- The present Director is Lt Gen Ahmad Shuja Pasha.
- The organisation collects secret information and helps in strengthening the military and security of Pakistan.
8. MSS, China-
- MSS, China stands for Ministry of State Security which is the intelligence agency of the People’s Republic of China.
- Its headquarters are located in Beijing.
- The organization was created in 1983 and became one of the largest and strongest intelligence agencies in the world.
- The agency is responsible for foreign intelligence, counterintelligence operations and political security.
- The agency has the power to detain or arrest people for crimes relating to security of the country.
- The MMS is a product of the merger between the CID and the counter intelligence elements of the Ministry of Public Security of the People’s Republic of China.
7. RAW, India-
- Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) is India’s external intelligence agency created in 1968 after the India-China war.
- The headquarters are situated in New Delhi.
- The main purpose of this organisation is to gather information regarding the terrorist activities in the country.
- The Director of the agency is supposed to report to Prime Minister.
- The agency as a whole remains unanswerable to the Indian Parliament as compared to the other western agencies.
- The major focus is towards the country’s immediate neighbour Pakistan which has engaged in various terrorist attacks in the past.
- RAW also provides security to country’s nuclear weapons, collects valuable information about foreign management, and provides details to the policymakers to safeguard the interest of the citizens.
6. DGSE, France-
- The secret agency of France was formed in 1982. DGSE stands for Direction Générale De La Sécurité Extérieure.
- DGSE is operated by the Defence Ministry of French Government.
- This organisation is a product of the merging of the diverse agencies of the French intelligence from the 2nd World War.
- Collecting information regarding protection of internal security and foreign intelligence is the main aim of this agency.
- The agency is said to have prevented the country from 15 terrorist attacks.
- It is also responsible for electronic intelligence, counterespionage outside the borders of the national territory and strategic information.
5. BND, Germany-
- The BND i.e. Bundesnachrichtendienst was formed in 1956 and is ranked amongst one of the most well organised agencies in the world.
- The headquarters are located in Pullach near Munich.
- The organisation makes use of the latest technologies which help to spy well over its enemies.
- The main objective of this agency is to inform the country about any terrorist attacks, safeguard the citizens from threats and collect intelligence data.
- BND is a highly active organisation and is also responsible for detecting criminal activities.
4. FSB, Russia-
- The FSB stands for Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation which is the most powerful intelligence agency in Russia was formed in 1995.
- The headquarters are located in the Downtown Moscow, Lubyanka Square.
- FSB also engages in protecting the country from terrorist activities, state crimes and counter terrorism.
- It is a federal executive body and has the authority to implement policies for the nation’s security.
- Army general Aleksandr Bortnikov is the current Director of the FSB since 2008.
- The agency is mostly dealing with the domestic affairs and the FAPSI which is a part of FSB has the responsibility to conduct electronic surveillance abroad.
3. MI6, UK-
- MI6 earlier known as Secret Intelligence Service (SIS) is the intelligence agency of UK which was formed in 1909 before the 1st World War.
- The main reason behind the creation of this agency was to look after the activities of the Imperial German government.
- The SIS building located in Vauxhall Cross, London is the headquarter for MI6.
- The agency influences the decisions of the government by providing secret information.
- It is accountable to the government and operates world-wide.
- It uses modern technology to protect the interests of the nation.
- The agency runs various covert operations all over the world.
2. CIA, US-
- The CIA or Central Intelligence Agency is an independent secret agency of United States formed in 1947 by President Harry S. Truman.
- The headquarters are located in Langley, Virginia.
- The organisation’s main purpose is to collect secret information about foreign organisations and people.
- It is also responsible for maintaining the peace of the country and to perform covert actions.
- The motto of this agency is- “The work of a nation.
- The center of Intelligence.” The organisation is divided into 4 departments- the Directorate of Support, the Directorate of Intelligence, the Directorate of Science and Technology and the National Clandestine Service.
- It is due to CIA’s efficiency only that America is able to influence many international affairs.
1. MOSSAD, Israel-
- MOSSAD is the major national intelligence agency of Israel which was created in the year 1949.
- The motto of this agency is-“Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counsellors there is safety”
- The main aim of this agency is to maintain peace, defend the country and to protect Israel from any kind of terrorist or criminal activities.
- It is one of the most active agencies in the world.
- It collects information involving counter terrorism and also conducts various covert operations.
- The undercover agents of this agency are present in many of the countries who provide important information.
- The organisation is bound to report all the activities directly to the head of the state i.e. the Prime Minister.