Top 10 Common Mistakes Every UPSC CSE Aspirant Must Avoid IAS 2018 – UPSC CSE Preliminary exam is the first hurdle that one needs to clear to qualify for the Main examination. It is an objective type exam, consisting of two papers and carry a maximum of 400 marks.Top 10 Common Mistakes Every UPSC CSE Aspirant Must Avoid IAS 2018
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary examination will not be counted for determining the candidates’ final order of merit.
- To qualify for the Main exam, candidates must score qualifying marks (as determined by the commission) in the General Studies Paper I and a minimum of 33% in the General Studies Paper II (CSAT).
- For each wrong answer, the candidate loses one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question.
- As the syllabus is vast, many a times UPSC aspirants unconsciously make few common mistakes.
Here’s a list of those that aspirants should make a conscious attempt to avoid, to crack the UPSC exams next year.
- Aspirants might be preparing for more than one competitive exams at the same time. However, one should always thoroughly check the syllabus and exam pattern and prepare for that exam accordingly. The UPSC syllabus is vast and if you do not refer to the syllabus, you might feel lost in an ocean.
- Are you preparing for the UPSC CSE next year? If yes, then create a preparation plan rather than studying topics randomly. Create a plan and schedule for every day and weekend studies. Try to stick to the plan as far possible. Also, do dedicate study hours for each section.
- Too many reference books will just make you confuse and do less help. Instead, you can stick to 1 or 2 good books for each section.
- NCERT Books (6-12 standard) are highly recommended for UPSC exams.
- Here’s a list of few more UPSC reference books.
- Reading newspapers is very important to clear the UPSC exam.
- The Hindu is the most widely recommended newspaper for competitive exams.
- This habit will keep you updated with the current affairs, social, political and economic state of the country and more.
- Do not ignore the CSAT as it acts as a screening test to Civil Services Main examination.
- This will again waste a lot of your precious time.
- Have a clear understanding of concepts and practice questions from that topic.
- As an aspirant, you might have favourite topics but do not focus on one topic.
- Instead, dedicate study hours for each topic.
- Clear concepts would do no good till you practice mock tests.
- You might know the answers but due to lack of time in the exam might not be able to attempt.
- Mock Tests prepare you well for the exam both knowledge wise and time management wise.
- Therefore, practice as many mocks possible and do mock analysis after every attempt.
- Writing practice is important in UPSC as the main examination is essay type and one needs to be capable of writing essay type answers.
- Practice this while preparing for the exam to get an edge during the exam.
- Plan time for revision because it is important to brush up all the concepts you have studied before the exam.
- Like preparation plan, create a revision plan and stick to it for efficiency.
- Do not wait for last minute preparation.
- Start your study well in advance to get a good hold over all sections for the exam.
- Also, do not learn any new concepts during the last few days.
- Instead, revise all the concepts you have already studied.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
|Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page|
|The Hindu Daily News Paper Important Articles Pdf|
|Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba|
|Latest Current Affairs Magazine 2019 Pdf|
|UPSC Prelims ,Mains ,Optional Study Materials|
|UPSC Prelims Test Series 2020 Pdf|
|UPSC Mains Test Series 2019-2020|
|UPSC Optional Test Series 2019-2020|
|SSC Study Materials 2019-2020 Pdf|
|IBPS Study Material 2019-2020 Pdf|
|Insurance Exams Free Study Materials Pdf 2019|
|NEET Exam Free Study Material Pdf|
|Latest RRB Study Material Pdf|
|Teaching Exams Study Material Pdf|
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|