Types of Rocks And Their Properties PDF Download – Geography
Types of Rocks And Their Properties PDF Download – Geography – The earth’s crust is composed of rocks. A rock is an aggregate of one or more minerals. On the basis of mode of formation the rocks are divided into three categories
- A) Igneous rocks
- B) Sedimentary rocks
- C) Metamorphic rocks.
- yojana Magazine February Pdf Download Hindi & English free
- Lucent Audio MP3 General Knowledge download -lucent gk 2018 audio
- Vision IAS Prelims Test Series Pdf Free Download -CSP 2017 Tests
- Yojana Magazine Pdf Download Hindi & English ,2018,2017,2016,2015
- Download India Yearbook PDF Released By Govt Of India
- Download UPSC Prelims 37 Years Previous Papers PDF Solution
- Download Indian Economy Ramesh Singh 8th Edition Pdf Free 2018
- Download Old NCERT books PDF Free -Hindi & English -UPSC,SSC
- Indian Government Schemes pdf 2017,2018 -Modi Govt Schemes 2018
- IBPS PO 2017 Study Plan pdf – IBPS PO 30 Days Study Plan
- Hindi Optional Material Download – Free UPSC Materials Download
- Food Processing Industry pdf Importance,Challenges,Present Scenario
- Organic Farming pdf – Organic Farming In India,Advantages,Types
- RRB ALP Syllabus 2018 Pdf – RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Syllabus
- Igneous rocks get their name from the Latin word ignis, meaning “fire.”
- They form from volcanic magma when a volcano erupts and are also referred to as volcanic rocks.
- Under the surface of the Earth the magna is kept liquid by high temperature and high pressure.
- As the volcano erupts hot magna reaches the surface. Afterward the lava rapidly cools down and solidifies.
- The crystals formed by cooling magma are usually small.
- Magna doesn’t always reach the surface. Sometimes it is trapped underground in pockets of other rocks.
- In this case the magma cools down more slowly forming larger crystals and coarse-grained rocks.
- How the rocks form will depend not only on the different cooling temperatures of the magna but also its chemical composition. Granite, basalt, and obsidian are examples of igneous rocks.
- Sedimentary rocks are formed on the surface of the Earth, either in water or on land. They are called secondary, because they often result from the accumulation of small pieces broken off from pre-existing rocks. Most sedimentary rocks become cemented together by minerals and chemicals present when they are formed, and others are held together by electrical attraction. Some, however, remain loose, crumbly and unconsolidated. You can put sedimentary rocks into three subclasses:
Clastic: basic sedimentary rock which is composed of clasts: little pieces of broken-up rock which are joined together as a result of compaction and cementation.
Chemical: these are often formed as a result of repeated flooding and evaporation. When water evaporates it leaves a layer of dissolved minerals behind. Deposits of salt and gypsum are characteristic examples of these processes.
Organic: rocks which form from organic material such as the calcium from the shells and bones of animals.
- Sedimentary and igneous rocks which were subjected to more intense pessure or heat and as a result underwent a complete change. Metamorphic rocks form deep within the Earth’s crust. The process of metamorphism does not melt the rocks, but transforms them into other rocks which are denser and more compact. New minerals are created either by the rearrangement of a mineral’s components or by reactions with fluids that enter the rocks.
Metamorphic – Rock Made From
- Slate Shale and mudstone
- Quartzite Sandstone
- Gneiss Granite
- Marble Limestone, dolomite or chalk
- Schist Shale
- Anthracite Coal
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|