Union Budget 2018 Summary Pdf-Summary of Union Budget 2018-19 pdf – Hello friends Welcome to studydhaba.com .Here We are sharing Summary of Union Budget 2018-19 in pdf form for all Competitive exams .
Union Budget 2018 – Summary of Union Budget 2018-19 pdf
Agriculture and Rural Economy
- Referring to the Government’s commitment to the welfare of farmers and doubling farmers’ income by 2022, the Finance Minister announced a slew of new schemes and measures.
Education, Health and Social Protection
- The Finance Minister said that estimated budgetary expenditure on health, education and social protection for 2018-19 is Rs.1.38 lakh crore against estimated expenditure of Rs.1.22 lakh crore in 2017-18 .
Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSMEs) and Employment
- The Budget has given a big thrust to Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSMEs) to boost employment and economic growth.
- A sum of Rs. 3794 crore has been provided for giving credit support, capital and interest subsidy and for innovations.
- Reiterating that creating job opportunities is at the core of Government policies, Finance Minister cited an independent study as showing that 70 lakh formal jobs will be created this year.
Infrastructure and Financial Sector Development
- Emphasising that infrastructure is the growth driver of economy, the Finance Minister estimated that investment in excess of Rs.50 lakh crore is needed to increase growth of GDP and connect the nation with a network of roads, airports, railways, ports and inland waterways.
- He announced increase of budgetary allocation on infrastructure for 2018-19 to Rs.5.97 lakh crore against estimated expenditure of Rs.4.94 lakh crore in 2017-18.
Union Budget 2018 Summary Pdf-Summary of Union Budget 2018-19 pdf
- Railways Capital Expenditure for the year 2018-19 has been pegged at Rs.1,48,528 crore.
- A large part of the Capex is devoted to capacity creation.
- 4000 kilometers of electrified railway network is slated for commissioning during 2017-18.
- Work on Eastern and Western dedicated Freight Corridors is in full swing
- The Budget proposes to expand the airport capacity more than five times to handle a billion trips a year under a new initiative – NABH Nirman.
- Under the Regional connectivity scheme of UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik) initiated by the Government last year, 56 unserved airports and 31 unserved helipads would be connected.
- The Finance Minister announced that 2017-18 disinvestment target of Rs.72,500 crore has been exceeded and expected receipts of Rs.1,00,000 crore. He set disinvestment target of Rs.80,000 crore for 2018-19.
- The Budget Revised Estimates for expenditure in 2017-18 are Rs.21.57 lakh crore (net of GST compensation transfers to the States) as against the Budget Estimates of Rs.21.47 lakh crore.