Union Budget 2019 Highlights pdf Download English
Union Budget 2019 Highlights pdf Download English – Union Budget 2019-20 Highlights and Important Points LIVE Updates Finance Minister Piyush Goyal said that the Modi government got a decisive mandate to continue structured reforms. “We have reversed policy paralysis,” he said.
Here are union Budget 2019 Highlights
- No Income Tax for income up to ₹5 lakh
- Individuals with gross income of up to ₹6.5 lakh will not need to pay any tax if they make investments in provident funds and prescribed equities
- Standard tax deduction for salaried persons raised from ₹40,000 to ₹50,000
- TDS threshold on interest on bank and post office deposits raised from ₹10,000 to ₹40,000
- TDS threshold on rental income increased from ₹1.8 lakh to ₹2.4 lakh
- I-T processing of returns to be done in 24 hours
- Within next 2 years all verification of tax returns will be done electronically without any interface with the tax payer
- Package of ₹6000 per annum for farmers with less than 2 hectares of land. Scheme will be called Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Vande Bharat Express, an indigenously developed semi high speed train, to be launched
- One lakh digital villages planned in the next five years
- Fund allocation to Northeast region increased to Rs. to 58,166 crore in this year, a 21% rise over last year for infrastructure development
- Anti-camcord regulations to be introduced in the Indian Cinematograph Act to prevent piracy and contact theft of Bollywood films.
- Single window clearance for Indian filmmakers will be introduced.
- 25 per cent of sourcing for government projects will be from MSME, of which three per cent will be from women entrepreneurs.
- National Artificial Intelligence portal to be developed soon
- The ESI cover limit has been increased to ₹ 21,000. Minimum pension was also increased to ₹ 1000.
- Mega pension scheme for workers from the organised sector with income of less than ₹15,000. They will be able to earn ₹ 3000 after the age of 60 years. The scheme will be called PM Shramyogi Maan Dhan Yojana.
- 2% interest subversion for farmers pursuing animal husbandry.
- All farmers affected by severe natural calamities will be given interest subversion for the entire period of three per cent of loans.
- The 22nd AIIMS will come up in Haryana
|Areas||Mains Works Done By Modi|
Budget 2019 Economy:
- Finance Minister Piyush Goyal has said in Parliament that India has been recognized as the bright spot in the world economy and is considered as the fastest growing large economy.
- FM Goyal said that Current Account Deficit (CAD) to come down from 5.6 per cent to 2.19 per cent this year.
Budget 2019 anti-corruption:
- Referring to the spectrum auction and coal block auction, Finance Minister Piyush Goyal has pitched for transparency
- . He said that the Real Estate Development and Regulation Act of 2016 and Benami Properties Act have shown the central government’s intent for maintaining transparency.
Budget 2019 for Housing, electricity:
- The Modi government has built 1.53 crore houses under the housing scheme.
- FM Goyal claimed that the number of houses built is five times more than before.
- FM Goyal said that back in 2014, 2.5 crore households were without electricity.
- He said that under Saubhagya Yojana, the central government has provided almost every house a free electricity connection
Budget 2019 for farmers:
- Finance Minister Piyush Goyal has announced Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi’, the government will transfer Rs 6,000 per annum for each small and marginal farmers.
- The money will be transferred in three installments and will be sent to farmers’ bank accounts.
- This scheme will benefit 12 crore small and marginal farmers with a holding of less than 2 hectares of land.
- The central government will be spending at an estimated cost of Rs 75,000 crore.
Budget 2019 for common man:
- Finance Minister Piyush Goyal has said that EPFO membership has increased by 2 crore in past two years.
- FM Goyal said that contribution to new pension scheme has been increased to 14 per cent from 4 per cent.
- FM Goyal said that the gratuity limit has been increased from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 30 lakh.
Budget 2019 for women:
- Finance Minister Piyush Goyal has underscored that the women have been the central government’s top most priority.
- Out of total, 75 per cent beneficiaries are under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana.
- FM Goyal has also said that working women are entitled for 26 weeks of maternity leave.
- Apart from these, the Pradhan Mantri Matritva Yojana is empowering women across the country.
Budget 2019 for workers in unorganized sector:
- Finance Minister Piyush Goyal said that the Central government has launched a pension scheme named Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan.
- Under this, workers in unorganized sector will get a monthly pension of 3000 rupees per month after 60 years of age.
Budget 2019 for Defence:
- Finance Minister Piyush Goyal in his budget speech 2019 said that the defence budget has enhanced beyond Rs 3 lakh crore.
- FM Goyal has said that Rs 35,000 crore has been disbursed for soldiers under ‘One Rank One Pension’.