UPSC 2018 Exam Preparation Best Sources With Full Details
UPSC 2018 Exam Preparation Best Sources With Full Details -One of the major challenges that one faces while preparing for UPSC CSE Exam is that the resources are plenty. There’s ample amount of information available for access everywhere. Thus, choosing the right resources for the exam preparation can be difficult. Therefore, here’s a list of essential resources (mobile apps, magazines and books) you can use and rely-on for your UPSC CSE Exam preparation
- Yojana: Published by the Government of India, the magazine is devoted to Socio-Economic issues and is published in 13 different languages.
- Kurukshetra: A monthly magazine published by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. The magazine primarily focuses on Rural Development. The topics discussed in the magazine hold a significant relevance in the Civil Services Examination.
- Frontline: It is a National Magazine of India and is published by The Hindu. It’s a fortnightly magazine that covers topics such as, Politics, Economics, Environment, Culture, Entertainment, etc.
- Economic and Political Weekly (EPW): Economic and Political Weekly is a weekly social science journal, that publishes contemporary issues and their analysis along with academic papers.
Books -UPSC 2018 Exam Preparation Best Sources With Full Details
- India Since Independence by Bipan Chandra
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra
- India After Gandhi by Ramachandra Guha
- History of Modern India by Bipan Chandra
- Indian Economy (For Civil Service Examinations) by Ramesh Singh
- Economic Survey 2017-18 by Ministry of Finance, Government of India
- India Yearbook 2018 (Economic Schemes)
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
- Introduction to the constitution of India by D. D. Basu
- India and World Geography by Majid Husain
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography by Goh Cheng Leong
- NCERT Class 11th and 12th New Version
- India Yearbook 2017-2018
- The Hindu (Newspaper)
- Science and Technology by Ashok Kumar Singh
- The Hindu (Science & Technology supplement)
- Biodiversity, Climate Change and Disaster Management by Majid Husain
- Ecology and Environment by P. D. Sharma
- Shankar IAS Environment Book – Must Have Book For IAS Exam ( Recommended )
- Analytical Reasoning by M. K. Pandey
- Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning by R. S. Agarwal