UPSC IAS Exam – How To Prepare For UPSC Civil Services Exam
UPSC IAS Exam – How To Prepare For UPSC Civil Services Exam – Hello Friends Welcome To Studydhaba.com . Here We Will Discuss About Indian civil Services Exam In Full Details .
What is IAS Exam?
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS) was formerly known as Imperial Civil Service (ICS) is the Civil Services Examination and one of the toughest competitive exams in India.
- It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service.
The Indian Administrative Service is the premier administrative civil service of the Government of India. Hierarchy-wise, IAS is the highest administrative post among the 24 services like IPS, IFS etc.
- 1858 (as Imperial Civil Service)
- January 26, 1950 (as Indian Administrative Service)
UPSC IAS 2019:
The UPSC has released the tentative dates of civil services exam 2019. According to the UPSC calendar, the UPSC
Preliminary Exam 2019 will take place on June 2, 2019. The Civil Services Main exam will be held on September 20, 2019.
- IAS Civil Services Date of Notification – February 19, 2019
- Online Registration Start Date – February 19, 2019
- Online Registration Last Date – March 18, 2019, up to 6:00 PM
- The release of Admit Card (Preliminary) – 4th Week of May 2019
- Date of Civil Services Preliminary Examination – June 02, 2019
- Date of Civil Services Main Examination – September 20, 2019
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Candidate must be a citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan
- Candidate must be a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to be settled permanently in India
- Candidate must be person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zaire, or Zambia with an intention of permanently settling in India
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any of the Recognized universities
- Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results or those who are yet to appear for the qualifying examination are also eligible for the Preliminary Examination. Such candidates have to produce proof of passing the said examination along with the application for the Main Examination
- Candidates with professional and technical qualifications Recognized by the Government or its equivalent are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However, they must submit a certificate from the concerned University that they have passed the final professional medical examination.
Age Limit :
A candidate should be minimum of 21 years and maximum 32 years old as on August 01, 2019. But he/she must have been born not earlier than August 02, 1987 and not later than August 01, 1998. Necessary action will take to make corresponding changes in respective Rules/Regulations pertaining to various services.
The upper age limit prescribed above is Relaxable for the following candidates:
- 5 Years – Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)
- 3 Years – Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- 3 Years – Defence Services personnel
- 5 Years – ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service as on August 01, 2019
- 5 Years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs
- 10 Years – Blind, deaf-mute, and Orthopedically handicapped persons
- 5 Years – In the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2019 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment
Number of attempts:
Restriction on the maximum number of attempts is effective since 1984:
- For General Candidates: 7 attempts (Up to 32 Years)
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates (SC/ST): No Limits (Up to 37 Years)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 9 attempts (Up to 35 Years)
- Physically handicapped- 9 attempts for general and OBC, while unlimited for SC/ST
Exam Pattern UPSC Prelims And Mains Exam
Prelims Exam Pattern And Study Materials
Mains Exam Pattern And Syllabus