UPSC Mains 2018 Anthropology Test 1 – Mains test Series 2018 – Here We are Sharing Anthropology Test Series For UPSC Mains 2018 Exam .
UPSC Mains 2018 Anthropology Test 1 – Mains test Series 2018
- There are 5 compulsory questions in the question paper.
- The number of marks carried by a question /part is indicated against it.
- Special focus should be made to include diagrams wherever necessary with examples to support your arguments.
- Word limit in questions, wherever specified, should be adhered to.
Q.1) Write notes on the following in about 150 words each: (10 * 5 = 50 Marks)
b. Archaeological anthropology
c. Grimaldi man
d. Man as a primate
e. Microevolution and its role in speciation.
- Critically examine the synthetic theory of human evolution. (20 marks)
- Describe any chalcolithic site in India with particular reference to industry and town planning. (15 marks)
- Mark the morphological features, both advanced and primitive features of homo Erectus as compared to modern man. (15 marks)
- Discuss the modern theory of evolution with special reference to the concepts of gradualism and Punctuationalism. (20 marks)
- The evolutionary line of Neanderthals presents a dead end. Comment. (15 marks)
- Examine the role of medical anthropology in public health policy formulation. (15 marks)
- Describe major skeletal differences between homo sapiens and Neanderthals. (15 marks)
- Compare and contrast Anthropology as a discipline with life sciences. (15 marks)
- Briefly discuss the factors responsible for Speciation in evolution. (20 marks)
- Explain any one relative dating method in detail. Also discuss the merits and demerits of relative dating methods in archaeology. (15 marks)
- Discuss the relevance of multidisciplinary approach in the study of fossil types. (15 marks)
- The interplay of genes and culture led to significant acceleration in human evolution. Comment. (20 marks)