UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 1 Study Material – In this Post First We Will Discuss About UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 1 Syllabus In Full Details . UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 1 consist Mainly Four Areas
- Indian Heritage And Culture
- Indian History And World History
- India And World Geography
UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 1 Study Material
General Studies 1 Paper Syllabus for UPSC Civil Services Mains
- Will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
Modern Indian history
- History from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues.
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
History of the world
- It will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society.
Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society
- Social empowerment
- Regionalism & secularism.
Salient features of world’s physical geography.
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian subcontinent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc.,
- geographical features and their location- changes in critical geographical features (including water bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.