UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 2 Study Material –UPSC Main 2018 Exam Syllabus – General Studies Paper 2
The Paper is for 250 marks and UPSC Main Exam Syllabus for this paper covers the following subjects
UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 2 Study Material
Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs, dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries
- Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and
- Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of civil services in a democracy.
- India and its neighbourhood – relations.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
- Important International institutions, agencies and fora, their structure, mandate.
GS Paper 2 Study Materials For UPSC Mains Exam – UPSC Civil Services Examination
- Rohingya Issue UPSC – Rohingya Issue The road to deportation
- India Iran Relations -Why India Need Iran,Significance [Burning Topic IAS ]
- BRI UPSC -Belt And Road Initiative -India & China -[Must Prepare Topic]
- Ashgabat agreement UPSC -Members ,Significance For India – Must Prepare
- Should India Accept Foreign Aid or Not during Disaster Discuss – GS Paper 2
- Vidhan Parishad Advantages Disadvantages – Discuss – GS Paper 2 IAS Mains
- Proxy voting India – Advantages & Disadvantages – GS Paper 2 Mains IAS