UPSC prelims 2018 Environment Conventions List Notes – Hello Friends Welcome to studydhaba.com . here We are sharing List of Some important Environment Conventions for Upcoming UPSC Prelims Exam .UPSC prelims 2018 Environment Conventions List Notes
Asia-Pacific Partnership on Clean Development and Climate
- Also known as APP, was an international, voluntary, non-legally binding public-private partnership.
- Announced on July 28, 2005 at an ASEAN Regional Forum meeting and launched on January 12, 2006 at the Partnership’s inaugural Ministerial meeting in Sydney.
- yojana Magazine February Pdf Download Hindi & English free
- Lucent Audio MP3 General Knowledge download -lucent gk 2018 audio
- Vision IAS Prelims Test Series Pdf Free Download -CSP 2017 Tests
- Yojana Magazine Pdf Download Hindi & English ,2018,2017,2016,2015
- Download India Yearbook PDF Released By Govt Of India
- Download UPSC Prelims 37 Years Previous Papers PDF Solution
- Download Indian Economy Ramesh Singh 8th Edition Pdf Free 2018
- Download Old NCERT books PDF Free -Hindi & English -UPSC,SSC
- Indian Government Schemes pdf 2017,2018 -Modi Govt Schemes 2018
- IBPS PO 2017 Study Plan pdf – IBPS PO 30 Days Study Plan
- Hindi Optional Material Download – Free UPSC Materials Download
- Food Processing Industry pdf Importance,Challenges,Present Scenario
- Organic Farming pdf – Organic Farming In India,Advantages,Types
- RRB ALP Syllabus 2018 Pdf – RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Sylla
- Outline a ground-breaking new model of private-public task forces to address climate change, energy security and air pollution.
- Australia, Canada, India, Japan, the People’s Republic of China, South Korea, and the United States.
- cleaner fossil energy
- renewable energy and distributed generation
- power generation and transmission
- coal mining
- buildings and appliances
- The second meeting was held in New Delhi on October 15 2007 and the third in shanghai, China on October 2009.
- Partner countries agreed to co-operate on the development and transfer of technology which enables reduction of greenhouse gas emissions that is consistent with and complementary to the UNFCCC but not replace the Kyoto Protocol.
- Originally it was adopted as Convention for Protection of the Mediterranean Sea against Pollutionin 1976.
- Later it was amended as Barcelona Convention for the Protection of the Marine Environment and the Coastal Region of the Mediterraneanin 1995.
- It is a regional convention to prevent and abate pollution from ships, aircraft and land based sources in the Mediterranean Sea.
- This includes but is not limited to dumping, run-off and discharges.
- All countries with a Mediterranean shoreline as well as the European Union.
- NGOs with a stated interest and third-party governments are allowed observer status.
- The Barcelona Convention and its protocols forms the basis of the Mediterranean Action Plan, itself part of the UNEP Regional Seas Programme.
- Signers agreed to cooperate and assist in dealing with pollution emergencies, monitoring and scientific research.
- The convention is applicable to the ‘Zone of the Mediterranean Sea’.
- This is defined as ‘the maritime waters of the Mediterranean as such, with all its gulfs and tributary seas, bounded to the west by the Strait of Gibraltar and to the east by the Dardanelle Strait’.
- Members are allowed to extend the application of the convention to the coastal areas within their own territory.
Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundry Movements of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal
- It is an international treaty that was designed to reduce the movements of hazardous waste between nations, and specifically to prevent transfer of hazardous waste from developed to less developed countries (LDCs).
- The Convention was opened for signature on 22 March 1989, and entered into force on 5 May 1992.
- 185 states and the European Union are parties to the Convention.
- Haiti and the United States have signed the Convention but not ratified it.
- The Convention is intended to minimize the amount and toxicity of wastes generated, to ensure their environmentally sound management.
- It monitors the source of generation, and to assist LDCs in environmentally sound management of the hazardous and other wastes they generate.
- Several regional waste trade bans, such as the Bamako Convention and Basel ban convention were adopted.
|Important Links For Study Material And Test Series|
|Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page|
|The Hindu Daily News Paper Important Articles Pdf|
|Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba|
|Latest Current Affairs Magazine 2019 Pdf|
|UPSC Prelims ,Mains ,Optional Study Materials|
|UPSC Prelims Test Series 2020 Pdf|
|UPSC Mains Test Series 2019-2020|
|UPSC Optional Test Series 2019-2020|
|SSC Study Materials 2019-2020 Pdf|
|IBPS Study Material 2019-2020 Pdf|
|Insurance Exams Free Study Materials Pdf 2019|
|NEET Exam Free Study Material Pdf|
|Latest RRB Study Material Pdf|
|Teaching Exams Study Material Pdf|
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|