UPSC Prelims 2018 Syllabus pdf – CSAT 2018 Syllabus Pdf – IAS 2018
UPSC Prelims 2018 Syllabus pdf – CSAT 2018 Syllabus Pdf – IAS 2018 – Hello Friends Welcome to studydhaba.com .Here We are sharing UPSC Prelims 2018 Syllabus for Upcoming IAS 2018 Exam .
This Syllabus will give you an Idea about what is the syllabus of UPSC Prelims 2018 Exam .
About UPSC Prelims Exam
- UPSC conducts UPSC prelims Exam Every for IAS ,IPS,IFS,IRS And Other Services .
UPSC Prelims 2018 Exam Pattern
|UPSC Prelims Exam papers 2018||Questions||Marks|
|Paper I – General Studies: It is qualifying paper to write the mains exam|
|Paper II – Aptitude: This paper is of qualifying nature, but candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper and marks of this paper are not counted for writing the Mains examination.|
UPSC SYLLABUS 2018 FOR PRELIMS – UPSC Prelims 2018 Syllabus pdf – CSAT 2018 Syllabus Pdf – IAS 2018
|UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2018|
UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper 1 Syllabus
UPSC Prelims GS Paper 2 CSAT
General Studies Paper – 1
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and world geography
- Physical geography
- Social and economic geography
- Geography of the world
- Indian polity and governance
- Political system
- Panchayati Raj
- Public policy
- Rights issues
- Economic and social development
- Sustainable development
- Social sector initiatives
- General issues on environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate change
- General science and technology
- Current affairs analysis and questions
General Studies Paper – 2 (CSAT)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc. – Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
- English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
Points to be remember before appearing UPSC Prelims exam 2018:
- The questions in the UPSC Prelims exams are objective type also called as multiple choice questions.
- There is “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam. There is a penalty of 33% marks or 0.83 marks for every wrong answer. Though decision making and problem solving section doesn’t have negative marking.
- Since 2013, it’s for the first time the Indian Forest Service (IFS) aspirants are combined with the Civil Services candidates to take the Preliminary examination. The aspirants who may clear the Preliminary exam have to separately write the Mains exams for Indian Forest Service.
- Blind candidates are allowed extra time of 20 mins for each paper.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation.