UPSC Prelims Mains 2017 Different Committees Commissions Reports Pdf – Hello friends Welcome to studydhaba.com . Here We are Sharing Different UPSC Prelims Mains 2017 Different Committees Commissions Reports Pdf .
B B Tandon Committee
Madhukar Committee Report
Report of the Expert Committee on Prior Permissions and Regulatory Mechanism
Revisting and Revitalising PPP on Infrastructure – Kelkar Committee
Sailesh Nayak committee on Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ)|
Shri Shyam Benegal Committee
RV Easwar committee on simplification of provisions of IT act.
COMMITTEE REPORTs –UPSC Prelims Mains 2017 Different Committees Commissions Reports Pdf
1. B B Tandon Committee
The Union Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry has constituted a three-member Committee to monitor that guidelines set for government advertisements by the Supreme Court are followed.
- The committee will be headed by the former Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) B B Tandon.
- Senior TV journalist Rajat Sharma and ad-man Piyush Pandey will be the other two members of the committee. Background
- The committee was constituted by I&B Ministry based on the recommendation of the three-member selection committee comprising Press Council Chairman Justice (retd) C K Prasad, I&B Secretary Sunil Arora and advertising professional Prasoon Joshi.
- In May 2015, Supreme Court in its order had issued Guidelines on Regulating Government Advertisements based on recommendations of Prof NR Madhava Menon Committee.
- In its order, SC had barred publication of photos of leaders in government advertisements except those of the President, Prime Minister and the Chief Justice of India.
- SC had also directed the Union Government to constitute a three-member committee to regulate the issue of public advertisements.
- However, in March 2016 SC modified its earlier May 2015 order and allowed photographs of Chief Ministers, Governors and ministers to be carried in public advertisements.
- The Supreme Court appointed high-powered committee headed by Professor NR Madhava Menon submitted its report to the court on 6 October 2014. NR Madhava Menon committee
- The committee in its report has framed guidelines to regulate expenditure and contents of advertisements paid out of tax payers’ money.
- The three-member committee has recommended that names and pictures of political parties and their office bearers like presidents should not be mentioned in government advertisements.
- It supported its recommendation by stating that there had been misuse and abuse of public money on such advertisements.
- However to keep politics away from such ads, it emphasized that only the pictures and names of the President, the Prime Minister, Governor and Chief Ministers should be published.
- The committee also endorsed the suggestions of the Election Commission that there must be severe restrictions on such advertisements six months prior to election.
- Apart from this, the committee also recommended that a deadline should be fixed to prohibit their publication and the poll panel should be authorised for the purpose.
- The committee also recommended that there should only be a single advertisement, preferably by Information and Broadcasting Ministry, in respect of commemorative advertisements, which are given on birth and death anniversary of an important personality. B B Tandon Committee’s tasks
- Under the terms of reference, the committee will address complaints from the general public of violation on the implementation of the guidelines set out by the Supreme Court.
- The committee will also take suo motu cognizance of any violation/deviation of the guidelines of the Supreme Court and recommend corrective action to the ministry/department.
- The committee may recommend suitable changes to the Supreme Court guidelines to deal with new circumstances and situations that may arise from time to time, without making major policy changes within the policy direction of Supreme Court.
- The tenure of the members will be initially for a period of two years, which shall be extendable by one year at a time, but overall extension should not be more than two times.
- The committee will be operational from Delhi and the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity would facilitate day to day functioning of the committee.
To Download Full List Click on Download Link given below -UPSC Prelims Mains 2017 Different Committees Commissions Reports Pdf
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .