Van Dhan Scheme India – Details ,Funded By,Features, Hindi & English – The scheme was launched by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs to improve the status of the Tribals.
The Van Dhan Scheme is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED. It was launched on 14th April, 2018 and seeks to improve tribal incomes through value addition of tribal products.
- Union Level – The scheme will be implemented through Ministry of Tribal Affairs as Nodal Department at the Central Level and TRIFED as Nodal Agency at the National Level.
- At State level, the State Nodal Agency for MFPs and the District collectors are envisaged to play a pivot role in scheme implementation at grassroot level.
- Locally the Kendras are proposed to be managed by a Managing Committee (an SHG) consisting of representatives of Van Dhan SHGs in the cluster.
What are the major provisions of the scheme?
- Van Dhan Mission is an initiative for targeting livelihood generation for tribal by harnessing non-timber forest
- Minor Forest Produce (MFP) is a major source of livelihood for tribal living in forest areas.
- The importance of MFPs for this section of the society can be gauged from the fact that around 100 million
forest dwellers depend on MFPs for food, shelter, medicines and cash income.
- Tribal people derive 20-40% of their annual income from MFP on which they spend major portion of their
- At unit level, aggregation of produce would be done by SHGs having about 30 members each forming Van
Dhan Vikas ‗Samuh‘.
- Under the scheme, 10 Self Help Groups of 30 Tribal gatherers are being trained and provided with working
capital to add value to the products, which they collect from the Jungle.
- The establishment of “Van Dhan Vikas Kendra” is for providing skill upgradation and capacity building
training and setting up of primary processing and value addition facility.
- The Van Dhan Vikas Kendras will be important milestone in economic development of tribals involved in
collection of MFPs by helping them in optimum utilization of natural resources and provide sustainable MFPbased livelihood in MFP-rich districts.
- It also aims at build upon the traditional knowledge & skill sets of tribal by adding technology & IT for value
- It also focussed on setting-up of tribal community owned Van Dhan Vikas Kendras in predominantly forested
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
|Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page|
|The Hindu Daily News Paper Important Articles Pdf|
|Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba|
|Latest Current Affairs Magazine 2019 Pdf|
|UPSC Prelims ,Mains ,Optional Study Materials|
|UPSC Prelims Test Series 2020 Pdf|
|UPSC Mains Test Series 2019-2020|
|UPSC Optional Test Series 2019-2020|
|SSC Study Materials 2019-2020 Pdf|
|IBPS Study Material 2019-2020 Pdf|
|Insurance Exams Free Study Materials Pdf 2019|
|NEET Exam Free Study Material Pdf|
|Latest RRB Study Material Pdf|
|Teaching Exams Study Material Pdf|
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|