Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana PDF for SSC, IAS, UPSC, BPSC, MPSC, SSC CPO – Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana has been launched by Central Government of India for holistic development and welfare of tribal population of India.
The scheme as outlined by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs is launched on a pilot basis and will be implemented in only 1 block in each of the 10 states being selected for the scheme.
Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana PDF for SSC, IAS, UPSC, BPSC, MPSC, SSC CPO
The states which have been picked are
- Andhra Pradesh,
- Madhya Pradesh,
- Himachal Pradesh,
How area Will Be Selected In particular State ? -Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
- The areas in the states have been selected based on recommendations of the respective state governments.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs had launched the scheme in July 2014 and Rs. 100 crore has been allocated for the scheme during the year 2014-15.
The Ministry has also started several other schemes which include hostels for ST girls and boys, scheme for establishment of ashram school in Tribal Sub Plan areas, post-matric scholarships and others.
Aims of Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
- The scheme proposes to bring tribal population of the country at par with other social groups and include them in overall progress of the nation.
- It seeks to erect sound institutional mechanisms which will help all the benefits of all Central and State schemes to reach the target populations by convergence of resources.
- The government aims for holistic development of tribals by plugging in the infrastructural gaps and lags in human development indices.
- The initial phase will target blocks having at least 33% tribal population.
- The funds which are allocated by the state governments should be properly used to build robust systems of implementation.
- Also, initiatives will be taken to promote skill development and generate employment to provide sustainable development and decent living to the tribal people.
- Provision of a better living standard and quality of life
- Improving access to and quality of education
- Generating resources for long-term and sustainable growth
- Bridging infrastructural gaps
- Protection of tribal culture and heritage Under Vanbandhu Kalyan yojana
Steps taken By government for Implementation of Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
- Sustainable development by generating quality means of livelihood
- Ensuring quality education for all
- Gender responsiveness
- Ensuring good health and healthcare facilities
- Provision of safe drinking water
- Road connectivity
- Irrigation facilities as matched with the terrain
- Electricity supply
- Conservation of tribal cultures ,languages and heritages Development of sports
Through VKY, it is envisaged to develop the backward blocks in the Schedule V States as model Blocks with visible infrastructural facilities to further the mission development while ensuring the following:
- Qualitative and sustainable employment.
- Emphasis on quality education & higher education.
- Accelerated economic development of tribal areas.
- Health for all.
- Housing for all.
- Safe drinking water for all at doorsteps.
- Irrigation facilities suited to the terrain.
- All weather roads with connectivity to the nearby town/cities.
- Universal availability of electricity.
- Urban development.
- Robust institutional mechanism to roll the vehicle of development with sustainability.
- Promotion and conservation of Tribal Cultural Heritage.
- Promotion of Sports in Tribal Areas.