Vision IAS PT 365 2017 Indian Polity English Pdf Download For IAS prelims,Mains
Vision IAS PT 365 2017 Indian Polity English Pdf Download For IAS prelims,Mains – Hello friends Welcome to studydhaba.com .Here We are sharing Vision IAS PT 365 2017 Indian Polity English Download For IAS prelims,Mains. We will Share Remaining subjects PT 365 Study Material in Our upcoming posts.
Exam Name – UPSC IAS prelims and Mains 2017 Exam
Academy – Vision IAS
Medium – English
Format – Pdf
Subject – Indian polity
SINGLE TRIBUNAL FOR INTER-STATE WATER DISPUTE
Why in news?
- The Central Government has decided to amend Inter-State Water Disputes Act, 1956 (ISWDA) to constitute a permanent tribunal to decide on all inter-state water disputes that arise.
- An agency, to collect and maintain all relevant water data, like rainfall, water flow and irrigation area, in each of the river basins of the country, is also proposed to be created.
- Centre currently sets up ad hoc tribunals under ISWDA to adjudicate disputes as they arise. Eight tribunals have been constituted so far.
- With water becoming scarce resource, inter-state water disputes are increasing.
- Article 262(1) of the Constitution lays down that “Parliament may by law provide for the adjudication of any dispute or complaint with respect to the use, distribution or control of the waters of, or in, any inter-State river, or river valley”. Parliament has enacted the Inter- State River Water Disputes Act, 1956.
Interstate water dispute Act, 1956: Salient Features
- Constitution of the tribunal
- The Tribunal shall have the same powers as are vested in a civil court,
- Power to make schemes for implementing decisions of tribunal,
- Dissolution of Tribunal and power to make rules.
- Adjudication of water disputes,
- Maintenance of data bank and information,
- Bar of jurisdiction of Supreme Court and other Courts.
To Download this File Click on Download Link Given below -This is English medium File . Hindi Medium File Will Be available Shortly .
Vision IAS PT 365 2017 Indian Polity English Download For IAS prelims,Mains