What is NPR ? NPR Vs NRC Vs CAA | National Population Register – Hello friends Welcome to Studydhaba.com . Here In this Post We are sharing Important information About National population Register Or We can Say NPR. We have Seen That In Past Few Days There Are So Many protest All Over India Mainly New Delhi, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh And North Easter India . Amid of All these protests Home Minister Of India Mr Prime Minister Narendra Modi And Union Cabinet Approved The NPR And Fund For NPR . Total Rs. 3941.35 crores for NPR is Approved By indian Government .
What is NPR or National Population Register ?
NPR means the “National Population Register”, which has its base in the rules framed by the Central Government under the Citizenship Act, 1955 in 2003 called the Citizenship (Registration of Citizens and Issue of National Identity Cards) Rules, 2003.
- The National Population Register (NPR) is a Register of usual residents of the country.
- It is being prepared at the local (Village/sub-Town), sub-District, District, State and National level under provisions of the Citizenship Act 1955 and the Citizenship (Registration of Citizens and issue of National Identity Cards) Rules, 2003.
- It is mandatory for every usual resident of India to register in the NPR.
- A usual resident is defined for the purposes of NPR as a person who has resided in a local area for the past 6 months or more or a person who intends to reside in that area for the next 6 months or more.
Rule 2(l) of these Rules define ‘Population Register’ as :
“Population Register means the register containing details of persons usually residing in a village or rural area or town or ward or demarcated area (demarcated by the Registrar General of Citizen Registration) within a ward in a town or urban area;”
Main objectives Of NPR Or National Population Register
- The objective of the NPR is to create a comprehensive identity database of every usual resident in the country.The database would contain demographic as well as Bio-metric particulars.
The following demographic details of every individual were taken for NPR in 2010 :
The following demographic details of every individual are required for every usual resident:
What is The Present Status Of NPR In India ?
- The data for National Population Register was collected in 2010 alongwith the houselisting phase of Census of India 2011.
- The updation of this data was done during 2015 by conducting door to door survey.
- The digitisation of the updated information has been completed.
- Now it has been decided to update the National Population Register along with the House listing phase of Census 2021 during April to September 2020 in all the States/UTs except Assam.
- A Gazette notification to this effect has already been published by the Central Government.
Latest News And Updates Related To National Population Register
- The Union cabinet has approved a budget of Rs 3,941 crore to update the National Population Register – NPR – and Rs 8,500 crore for the 2021 Census.
What Documents Do We need To produce For NPR ?
- During the NPR, a respondent will not require to produce any document.
- As per a statement was given by Home Minister Amit Shah to news agency ANI, NPR information will be self-attested, that is, whatever information is provided by the respondent will be deemed correct and no documents or biometric would be required.
What Is The Date Of NPR Or When Will be Conducted In India ?
- The process of collecting information for NPR will start in April 2020 and will be completed by September.
- NPR will be conducted across India.
- Except Assam as the state has already gone through the National Register of Citizens. Gazette notification for the forthcoming NPR has been published by the central government in August.
How Is NPR Is Different From NRC
- National Population Register is a database of people living in India, citizens or not, but National Resgiter of Citizens is a database of Indian citizens.
- The NRC process demands proof of citizenship from the respondents.
- Those who found in wnat of the proof may face deportation or detention in long run.
- But in NPR, there is no need to provide any document.
Will Any One Will Lose Citizenship Because Of NPR
“It is possible that some names are missed in the NPR, still their citizenship will not be revoked because this is not the process of NRC. The NRC is a different process. I want to make it clear that nobody will lose citizenship because of NPR,” Amit Shah said.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|