Women Empowerment And Budget 2018-2019 Article – Yojana Magazine – Hello friends welcome to studydhaba.com . Here We are sharing Women Empowerment and budget 2018 -19 .
In this article we will discuss about various schemes and initiative started by indian government for Women Empowerment In India .
This is the Summary of Article from Yojana Magazine March 2018 . Now Lets start Discussion about This Article.
Women Empowerment And Budget 2018-2019 Article – Yojana Magazine
Government has been working towards women empowerment through programmes aimed at imparting education to them, giving better healthcare facilities, providing means of livelihood and including them in decision making process (at home and in society) and protection and welfare of girl child
- 73rd amendment – one third seats reserved for women in the Panchayati raj institutions. India has 75000 women representatives at panchayat level which is highest with respect number of elected women in the world.
- Women’s Reservation bill for 33% reservation for women in Lok Sabha and legislative assemblies as well.
- Female infanticide and gender bias in states like Punjab, Haryana and Delhi is a major hurdle in achieving women empowerment.
Steps taken in Budget 2018-19 for Women Empowerment.
- Increasing target of Ujwala scheme for free LPG connection from 50 to 80 million poor women
- LPG connection in the name of women member of the Poor household
- This protect health of poor women from pollution happening because of the use of biomass fuels.
- Universal coverage of cooking gas can be achieved
- Govt will spend 160 billion on PM’s Saubhagya Yojana for electricity to all households.
- 75 crore for Nirbhaya fund
- Loan up to ₹ 75,000 to Women SHG’s until March 2019.
- New Gold Polity, by which women can earn an interest of 2.25% to 2.5 % on deposit of their gold in the bank
- Women contribution decreased to 8% from 12 % in EPF, without changing employer’s contribution
- Six Months maternity leave approved for all pregnant women including the ones who have child through surrogacy
- ₹ 24 crores allocated to National Women’s Commission
- 2o million new toilets under Swachh Bharat mission which will help women’s dignity and overall health of a family
- ₹ 280 crores sanction for “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” which has a sub scheme – Sukanya Samridhi Yojana for a girl child. It will help in meeting the education and Marriage expenses of the girl child.
Sample Questions on the Topic of Yojana article for UPSC Civil services prelims 2018 –:
Question 1: Which among the following Govt schemes will help Women Empowerment?
- Ujwala scheme
- PM’s Saubhagya Yojana
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
- Only 1
- Only 2 and 3
- Only 1 and 3
- 1, 2 and 3
Question 2: What are the benefits of Ujawala Scheme?
- It will help in Universal Coverage of LPG connections
- It will reduce indoor pollution
- Only 1
- Only 2
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2