World Economic Forum Notes IAS – Functions,wiki,Reports Published – Hello friends Welcome to studydhaba.com . Here We are Sharing World Economic Forum Notes for IAS . In this post we will Discuss About World economic Forum Functions ,Powers, Roles , Reports Published by World Economic Forum .
In this Post you will Get Following Information
- What Is World Economic Forum ?
- Governance Of World Economic Forum
- Founded in Which year
- Different reports Published By World Economic Forum
World Economic Forum Notes IAS – Functions,wiki,Reports Published
- It was established in 1971 by Klaus Schwab as a not-for-profit foundation
- headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland
- Formerly called European Management Forum
Motto : committed to improve the state of the world
- It is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
- It is independent, impartial and not tied to any special interests.
- The Forum strives in all its efforts to demonstrate entrepreneurship in the global public interest while upholding the highest standards of governance. Moral and intellectual integrity is at the heart of everything it does.
- Founder and Executive Chairman Professor Klaus Schwab
Board of Trustees :
- exceptional individuals who act as guardians of its mission and values, and oversee the Forum’s work in promoting true global citizenship.
- Its membership is divided equally between representatives of the business community and leaders from international organizations and civil society.
Managing Board :
- acts as the executive body of the WEF& acts as its representative to outside parties.
- The organization also convenes some six to eight regional meetings each year in locations across Africa, East Asia, and Latin America, and holds two further annual meetings in China, India and the United Arab Emirates
- Until 2012, it had observer status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council; it is under the supervision of the Swiss Federal Council.
Publications – World Economic Forum Publications Reports
- Global risk report, 2018
- Readiness for the future of production
- Global gender gap report
- Inclusive development index
- Global competitiveness report (index)
- Global human capital report (index)
- Travel and tourism competitiveness report (index)
- Global energy architecture performance index report
For More Details visit this Link on – WEF Details