How to Write Essay in UPSC Exam? 10 Things to keep in mind -The candidates selected after the Civil Services Examination (CSE) Prelims qualify for the CSE Mains and off the 9 papers, there’s one paper in which they have to write a 1000-2000 word long essay on one topic out of 5-6 given topics.
Its weightage has been increased from 200 to 250 marks and its marks are counted in the final tally. So it is absolutely important to have a strong hold on your general awareness and critical thinking ability.
How to Write Essay in UPSC Exam? 10 Things to keep in mind
- yojana Magazine February Pdf Download Hindi & English free
- Lucent Audio MP3 General Knowledge download -lucent gk 2018 audio
- Vision IAS Prelims Test Series Pdf Free Download -CSP 2017 Tests
- Yojana Magazine Pdf Download Hindi & English ,2018,2017,2016,2015
- Download India Yearbook PDF Released By Govt Of India
- Download UPSC Prelims 37 Years Previous Papers PDF Solution
- Download Indian Economy Ramesh Singh 8th Edition Pdf Free 2018
- Download Old NCERT books PDF Free -Hindi & English -UPSC,SSC
- Indian Government Schemes pdf 2017,2018 -Modi Govt Schemes 2018
- IBPS PO 2017 Study Plan pdf – IBPS PO 30 Days Study Plan
- Hindi Optional Material Download – Free UPSC Materials Download
- Food Processing Industry pdf Importance,Challenges,Present Scenario
- Organic Farming pdf – Organic Farming In India,Advantages,Types
- RRB ALP Syllabus 2018 Pdf – RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Sylla
Important points to make note of while writing essay IAS:
It is essential to select a topic you are more comfortable with, as otherwise, you wouldd run out of ideas while writing your essay.
Once you have pinned down a topic, spend a good 30-40 minutes and note down all the ideas and views that comes to your mind.
Arrangement of Ideas
Arrange your ideas in such a way that their logical consistency is maintained. After ordering your points, think of a suitable introduction and conclusion.
Quoting Facts and Figures
Sliding facts and figures in your answers will always be a positive, but do not bluff or make up any statistic as that will be a big negative and can lead to poor scores.
Stick close to subject of the Essay
Don’t go off topic. Stick to the topic. Write down your views and ideas.
Although a candidate has to write an essay of 1000-2000 words, the writing needs to concise and informative.
Exact and Effective Representation
Represent your views in an exact and effective manner. Articulation, effective expression, logic, flow and rhythm are important. Correct grammar and style of writing adds to the overall effectiveness of the message which you want to convey through your essay.
Tone of the Essay
Try and maintain a neutral point of view towards a particular topic and show human concern wherever possible. Do not use provocative lines eg. Panchayati Raj is a waste of taxpayer’s money.
A candidate must be thorough and well verse with his/her general awareness. As topics come from Current Affairs, you need to have in-depth knowledge and background on hot topics in the world.
Revision and Proofreading
After you’ve written your essay, proofreading and revising your essay is absolutely essential.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .